Friday, August 31, 2012

DAY 19 – THE WALL IS UP!

 “...being the ant, I never understood the pleasure of barely slipping something in under the wire.” 
           -Ann Patchett,  Truth and Beauty
 
DAY 19, Friday: Mid 70’s. Hazy. Threatening rain.
48" marble shard lining is complete
Dearest readers,
Woo-hoo! Step by step, shard by marble shard, the lining of the hole is up to the rim. It needs some finessing where it meets the surface of the earth, the small shaft descending below the floor has to be re-excavated, and the ladder positioned inside it, but right now, I need to run. The sky is black, wind is whipping, feels like rain on the way...gotta tarp the hole and go. (I'm going to buy myself a double chocolate donut at Dunkin' Donuts!)


1 comment:

  1. The finished project is absolutely exquisite! So so beautiful...your comments, for some reason, led me to think of Cheryl Strayed's book, "Wild"...something of the spirit of this reminded me of her hike across the Pacific Crest Trail...hmmmm, maybe your next step by step? Good Job!

    ReplyDelete