Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I FEEL LIKE I'VE JUST BEEN BORN



I FEEL LIKE I’VE JUST BEEN BORN
I came upon a little wing
Sprouting from a stump.
It resembled a seedling
Testing the possibility
Of happiness beyond
Annihilation.
-c.k 6.2.2014
 

 Dearest Readers,
I’ve been in Peacham, Vermont a week now. As soon as I place my feet on Hapenny Road, Mack’s Mountain Road and then on down to “Downtown” Peacham, I feel like I’ve just been born. 

Hear 4 seconds on YouTube at http://youtu.be/LvOUleZzlJI
I’m exhilarated by the sound of the feeder freshets that border the way, gaining size and power, surging through a rock wall to wind up in creeks and marshes. 

I notice a leaf that falls, or the sunlight on an impromptu pond in a tire track swimming with one water skipper who found a home in this unlikely oasis. How amazing is the fecundity of life!


The view can be sunny and wide, pungent with the smell of new mown hay


Or jammed with vegetation in a dappled field


Sometimes the landscape is deep, dark and wet with secret lives


Or suddenly spotlighting a fragile violet


The warbling song of a single vireo pierces the air above the crunch of my feet through the fallen leaves of last year’s riotous spring.  http://youtu.be/48QdPovM1mU





 

No comments:

Post a Comment