Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 24-June 24, 2011-Portland, OR



Dearest Readers,

This is Mr. Bob in front of a colorful built-out entrance to a house he says is in the Jamaican-style. It’s close to my daughter Ayla and boyfriend Joel’s home. Etta disappeared inside the little semi-circular rabbit hole to the lower left of the painted door. Luckily she came back out...no critters were home.



Etta James Pooch and I explored Portland’s Historic Mississippi Avenue neighborhood, nearby. It’s described as hip, with a culturally diverse spirit and unique independent retail establishments, pubs and restaurants. That describes a big chunk of Portland.







The playful architecture of Pistil's Nursery, a frilly Victorian mansion, and the tree-formed entrance to Portland’s famous Rebuilding Center (for one-of-a-kind salvaged architectural elements) caught my eye.

We drove through the larger NE Alberta Street district with its hip and hippy stores, vintage clothes, co-op grocery, bars, eateries, and unique shops. Time for a nap, or more coffee and a Portland micro-brew perhaps. The weather is cooperating...mostly sunny, dry, temperate days with big clouds that roll in and out, and sweater-cool nights. I feel alive in it!





I had lunch with my smart, cute daughter Ayla. Here she is in downtown Portland with the Fox Tower where she works in the background. I got a shot of her in her office in the law firm of White and Lee on the 24th floor, with a striking view of the city and the Willamette River below. I’m happy to be retired, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment